The NetMan Desktop Manager support forum

Answers:

Migration of Virtual CD TS

Dear Support Forum,

we are currently migrating our server structure to a new plattform. The old structure includes 1 NMS with 6 Virtual CD TS clients that receive their licencing information and profiles from the NMS, and access several images.

When I install another NMS within the new structure, Virtual CD NMS tells me that there is already an NMS working with the respective serial number. That is certainly true. The problem is that we have to migrate our structure gradually. We cannot deactivate the old NMS while the new one is not working properly yet.

What is the best way to successfully migrate Virtual CD structures? Can I export our profiles from the old NMS and import them into the new NMS? Is there a way to migrate cd images to a new NMS instance?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Christian Straube

Migration of Virtual CD TS

Guten Tag Herr Straube,

ist es OK, wenn ich auf deutsch antworte?

Für die Migrationsphase bitte ich Sie die Demo-Version Virtual CD NMS zu installieren. Diese kann 30 Tage lang uneingeschränkt genutzt werden. Die Vollversion kann dann über die Demo-Version installiert werden. Dabei werden alle Einstellungen übernommen.

Die Migration der NMS-Profile wird noch nicht offiziell unterstützt. Es müsste aber genügen, wenn Sie die entsprechenden "prf-Dateien" aus dem "Datenpfad(siehe Einstellungen > Karte NMS Konfiguration) übernehmen.

Die Images können Sie einfach in den neuen "Ordner für neue Images"(siehe Einstellungen > Karte Virtuelle CDs) kopieren.

Alles weitere hängt davon ab, welche Funktionen von Virtual CD NMS benutzt werden.

Für weitere Fragen stehe ich gerne zur Verfügung.

Viele Grüße,

New answer

* = required information